Sunday 9 August 2009

The Hidden Cost of Setanta's Demise

It occurred to me a couple of times during commentary today that I've lost all interest in the Football League. As we've become increasingly mired in non-league football, I've focussed totally on who we'll be up against rather than what's going on above us.


So I watched BBC's new Football League highlight show with interest; maybe I could start to reconnect with where we hope to be next season.


However, as I watched the usual procession of goals shorn of their context with ambivalence, one thought occurred to me: I can't believe how many clubs have no shirt sponsors.


I wonder if The Conference might have been considerably more successful in attracting shirt sponsors than our betters if Setanta hadn't folded?

No comments:

Wrexham Calendar