Saturday 26 April 2008

Ever Felt You've Been Cheated?

I have to confess I haven't paid to see a Wrexham game for about ten years. Having commentated or reported on them for a bit, on and off, I've been lucky enough not to have to cough up for what they serve up. That doesn't stop me thinking about value for money though.

Part of the way through commentating on today's game I had to ask myself "Do Wrexham fan's deserve to be treated like this?" The fans paid full price to watch the game, and what did they get? An experimental side in a meaningless game which offered up a fiasco and were comfortably beaten by what looked to me like a very poor team.

Furthermore, this has been happening for the last two games as well. Never mind the protestations of battling till relegation's inevitable; we stopped picking a proper side after the Shrewsbury fiasco.

I'm lucky; apart from petrol money I'm not out of pocket. What we've been forced to watch this season, even with a proper side, brings the fans' loyalty and our impressive attendances into sharp focus though. And yet we're not fit to hold a place on the board and try to safeguard the future of the club. Odd that.

No comments:

Wrexham Calendar