Sunday 13 April 2008

Nicholson's Future Looking Clearer

After speculating on his future yesterday, I understand we won't see Stuart Nicholson at The Racecourse next season.
It was interesting, apart from the Shrewsbury fan in the Aiston shirt below, to see a lad after the game in a Shrewsbury top with "NICHOLSON" on the back. His parents must have money to burn-"Dad, can I have a shirt with a name on it? I want that ineffective lad we've got on loan until the end of the month."
Maybe it was bought when he arrived in a magnificent act of blind faith in a bloke they'd never even seen play. That reminds me of a guy I saw in the crowd at a test match at Old Trafford a couple of years ago. It was before the season had begun but he was wearing a Port Vale shirt with the name of their new signing on the back-Hector Sam! I didn't have the heart to tell him.
(Maybe I should take the end of that paragraph back-few people shed a tear when he left, but most of us would welcome him back now!)

No comments:

Wrexham Calendar