Friday 9 May 2008

Lights Out At The Shay?

I chatted to a member of Halifax's Supporters Trust on the podcast I posted earlier, but alarmingly it seems that things have taken a turn for the worst.

It's a salutary tale, and the fact that The Conference might have kicked them out at their AGM tomorrow because their on-going building work at The Shay hasn't got going is relevant to us. The Conference are crash hot on clubs' off-pitch dealings, so we'd better make sure we keep a tight ship.

It's dreadful to think of Halifax going under. We were on the brink and managed to pull clear. Frankly we got lucky. I hate to think that it won't go that way for Halifax; hopefully a fresh start will allow them to regroup and bounce back stronger.

Looking at the size and, I would assume, quality of the sides getting as far as the Conference, I would have thought a proper football town like Halifax would be able to push a newly-formed club back where it should be-and I assume the council owning The Shay might also help.

I hope so. Halifax Town is a club with a long history; if this can happen to them, it can happen to anyone.

No comments:

Wrexham Calendar